Ever wonder how to decorate pumpkins using Cricut? These DIY Cricut pumpkin decorating ideas will make your masterpieces the envy of the neighbourhood.
I love using my Cricut for every holiday and basically any occasion I can. So of course I would rather do some cricut pumpkin decorating over some actual pumpkin carving. It’s much easier and less messy!
To make your own, you will need a few basic supplies, such as:
- craft pumpkins (or real ones!)
- vinyl (my two favorite sources are Cricut and Expressions Vinyl – both have amazing sale regularly)
Cricut Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
If you aren’t sure what to put on your pumpkin, here are a few ideas:
1.Go for a traditional Jack O Lantern design with these pumpkins from 100 Directions. She uses black vinyl to cut these cute pumpkin faces, which you can grab as a free SVG download to use with your Cricut or other cutting machine.
2. These pumpkins from C.R.A.F.T. are actually created using Duck Tape sheets! If you can’t find Duck Tape Sheets, you could also cut Duck Tape strips with your Cricut. Lay them on parchment paper, slightly overlapping, and cut!
3. Monogram that pumpkin like this one from Ginger Snap Crafts – again, it just uses black vinyl and a monogram design.
4. Create some lettered pumpkins like these beauties from Lia Griffith. What a great way to add some glam to your porch! You can create this look with matte gold vinyl.
5. Whip up this intricate pumpkin scene like the ladies over at Canary Street Crafts did. Isn’t that detail amazing?
6. For the forever child in your life, make a unicorn pumpkin. The first unicorn pumpkin, from A Girl and Her Glitter, uses craft foam to create a colorful mane, while Happy Go Lucky uses flowers to create a magical floral crown for her unicorn pumpkin.
7. If you’re more about the fall and thanksgiving vibes than the Halloween vibes, you can still get involved with some Cricut pumpkin decorating! This beautiful and sophisticated pumpkin from Damask Love illustrates that exactly! Use vinyl and special decoupage shapes to get this effect.
More Cricut Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
8. If modern is more your thing, check out these vinyl decorated pumpkins from Love Create Celebrate! I love the navy blue color.
9. Have fun with Glow in the Dark pumpkins. Annie B Wills paints her pumpkin with glow in the dark paint, and layers black vinyl on top. A Pumpkin and a Princess starts with a black pumpkin and layers glow in the dark vinyl on top. The result? Stunning either way!
10. These confetti pumpkins were created using washi tape, but you could easily cut small strips of gold vinyl on your cricut (or even by hand!) to create the same effect. Wouldn’t a multi-metallic one be stunning?
11. Make a pun-kin with these punny designs. The original post uses paint, but you could use vinyl to create these pumpkins in no time.
12. This paint dripped pumpkin uses vinyl as a stencil. Pour paint over the vinyl and peel off to reveal the creepy/cute design underneath.
13. Show your hometown pride with this vinyl stencilled State pumpkin from Thistlewood Farm. Wouldn’t it be cute to have one for every state you’ve lived in?
14. Create this pumpkin with a spider border using images in the Cricut Design Library. The images for the three pumpkins on the right are also available in Cricut Design Space.
15. Use cardstock or even craft foam to create a fluttering of bats across your pumpkin. I love the white bats on the black pumpkin… or do I like the black bats on the white better? It’s impossible to decide!
Now that you have a ton of ideas for how to decorate your pumpkin with Cricut, there’s only one question left: which one will you create?
For more Cricut Halloween ideas, check out these posts:
Free Hocus Pocus SVG File
Color Your Own Trick or Treat Bags
Personalized Trick or Treat Bags with Printable Vinyl
Trick or Treat Yo’Self Wooden Sign
I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment!