If you’re searching for Mother’s Day crafts to create with your Cricut, we’re sharing 10 ways to make the perfect gift using free SVG files! Plus, make sure to read all the way to the bottom. We may just be giving away TWO Cricut machines – one for you, and one for Mom!
Mother’s Day might seem like its still far away, but it’s never too early to start planning the perfect gift for mom, am I right? If you’ve already started brainstorming a list of mothers day crafts (or even better, a list of Mothers Day crafts to make with your Cricut), this post will come in handy.
I created these free #momlife cut files for you to use with your Cricut (or your Silhouette, or whatever machine you use). Don’t they perfectly sum up the daily existence most of us feel as moms? On one hand, it is the most wonderful job we have ever held, but on the other hand… glitter gets into the washing machine and now your husbands coworkers call him Sparkle. (Happened to a friend of a friend.)
Using SVG Files to Make Mother’s Day Crafts
If you’ve never used an SVG file before, it’s really easy. Upload to your machine’s software (if you are using Cricut, you can view this tutorial on how to upload SVGs to Design Space), and then decide what to make with it. If you need some ideas, here are 10 of my favourite ways to use SVG files when creating gifts:
- Use permanent vinyl to turn it into a mug, like the image above. The “Tired as a Mother” file would work really great on a travel coffee cup or a giant mug that would hold a lot of coffee!
- Use removable or permanent vinyl to stick the designs on the front of a notebook, planner, or binder.
- Create a custom bag, shirt, or make up bag by cutting the design out of iron on vinyl (heat transfer/htv).
- Fancy up a plain water bottle with permanent vinyl.
- Decorate an umbrella with heat transfer vinyl.
- Cut the design from permanent vinyl and place on the outside glass of a picture frame. Place pretty scrapbook paper or wrapping paper inside the frame.
- Make a reverse canvas using heat transfer vinyl.
- Make a wooden sign with removable vinyl (switch it up for each holiday) or heat transfer vinyl.
- Create a fun throw pillow using the SVG file and heat transfer vinyl.
- Whip up a funny card using Design Space’s writing tool and Cricut pens.
More Mother’s Day Craft Ideas to Make With Your Cricut
Now I’ve given you ten fabulous ideas for Mother’s day crafts. All of these can be easily created in under half an hour. Perfect, right? And if one of those ideas doesn’t tickle your fancy, check out these other mothers day craft ideas. You can make them all using your Cricut!
Download the Free SVG!
Want the access to exclusive subscriber freebies, the latest product info and sales, and the greatest craft projects? Subscribe to our newsletter for all of this and more!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Finally, check out our giveaway and enter to win two Cricut Explore Air 2 machines – one for you and one for your Mama! Wouldn’t that be the ultimate Mother’s Day gift idea?